|MONDAY 13 SEPTEMBER, 8:00 PM at THE OLD GYM, WELLINGTON COLLEGE|
As promised, here is our plan that should allow us to attend in person rehearsals for the first time in 18 months! While we may not all agree with all the measures below (and we can’t claim that these actions will reduce the covid risk to zero), the committee has tried to come up with a workable plan that will enable the majority of the choir (hopefully, all!) to join us with a reasonable degree of confidence that we are doing all that we can to make our rehearsals as safe as possible.
(1) Our first two rehearsals will take place on Monday 13th and 20th September in the Old Gym from 8-9pm only while we get used to the new systems. All being well, we will extend the length of the rehearsals after that. We may trial running a Zoom link at the same time if enough members would like to join us this way - please let me know.
(2) Please arrive no earlier than 7.55-8pm and be prepared to be shown straight to your seats. Please leave promptly at 9pm. A small team from the committee will arrive at 7.45pm to put out chairs which will be at least 1m apart. This team will put the chairs away after the rehearsal and attend to any other requirements of the college.
(3) We will be using natural ventilation as much as possible so please bring the layers you need to keep warm, particularly as autumn progresses.
(4) The Old Gym will be cleaned before and after our rehearsal. Please go straight to the Old Gym as usual.
(5) We will be reducing handling of money to an absolute minimum so this term at least we will be adding the music hire fees on to the subs and requesting payment by bank transfer online or by visiting your bank. I will email you all with the amount when we know what it is.
(6) We are required to keep registers for Test and Trace purposes, in case any member later tests positive for covid. Part reps will complete the registers every week rather than passing them around and pass them to me at the end of the rehearsals. I will be the central point of contact in the event of a positive case and will notify members.
(7) We are planning to learn the Rutter Requiem for our regular Autumn concert, scheduled for Friday 19th November as you might have already seen on the CCS website. This will take place with Wellington students in the Annanberg which has modern, state of the art ventilation. We will be on a large stage allowing plenty of space for social distancing but there will be no pressure if members don’t feel comfortable taking part.
(8) Unfortunately we won’t now be performing our lockdown/Zoom repertoire on October 2nd but we will be using some of it as warm up pieces for the early rehearsals. Simon will let me know in advance which pieces he intends to use and I will then email you. If you have not been part of the Zoom rehearsals, don’t worry - we will have some paper copies on the night.
(9) Depending on numbers, we may have more smaller sectional rehearsals - but we will keep you posted on this.
In terms of practical measures to reduce risk of infection, we would prefer members to:
(1) NOT ATTEND A REHEARSAL IF YOU FEEL UNWELL WITH ANY SYMPTOMS - be aware that the official symptoms of high temperature, dry cough and loss or change in sense of taste or smell are not always present in vaccinated people and other commonly reported symptoms of Covid include runny nose and sneezing, headache, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
(2) have had two vaccinations and have a booster if offered
(3) take a lateral flow test at home before the rehearsal - these are still available in boxes of 7 tests, free from most pharmacies and some test centres
(4) use hand sanitiser which will be available at the entrance to the Old Gym - feel free to bring your own as well if you like
(5) bring your own refreshments - there will be no catering for the foreseeable future
(6) adhere to social distancing when not singing
(7) wear a mask when entering, leaving or circulating within the building - but keep the latter to a minimum - you don’t need to wear a mask while singing but of course you can if you prefer
(8) stay in your seat unless you need to go to the toilet or to go outside - this will also apply during the interval once we move to longer rehearsals
(9) ideally one person at a time in the toilets - please follow the College’s directions which will be posted on the toilet doors
(10) follow any directions required by Wellington College, these will be given by Simon
(11) email me immediately if you test positive for covid following a rehearsal so that I can alert other members
A full risk assessment document will be available for any member who would like to see it.
Finally, it would really help if you would take a minute to confirm any changes to your address, email or telephone number since we last met in March 2020. Please also let me know whether you are intending to attend live rehearsals again or would be interested in accessing the possible Zoom link to the live session - or neither. We will be devising a seating plan to accommodate social distancing and an idea of numbers for each section would be most useful.
Also feel free to give any other feedback or queries or concerns.
Look forward to hearing from you and to seeing you soon,
|Zoom rehearsals resume on 22 February.|
|This new website is now fully functional and being developed to contain more information.|
We are due to re-start rehearsals at the Old Gym from 13 Sept, leading up to a joint concert with Wellington College on 19 November.. There will be extra measures in place for your comfort and safety. Please follow guidance from committee and Director of Music.