The subscription for 2017/18 is £100per annum, payable by the end of September.
If you pay by bank transfer, please use your name as the reference and notify the treasurer by email that you have paid by this method.
If you are a taxpayer, please consider Gift Aid, which provides useful extra revenue to the Society. If you have not done this before, please do. Our treasurer Pat Leigh will be happy to advise you as to how to go about this.
- Members are expected to attend as many rehearsals as possible (90%) in order to take part in concerts. We can only maintain a high standard if all members are fully familiar with the music.
- Please notify your Part Rep. and mark the dates on the register if you know in advance that you will need to be absent (holiday, hospital etc)
- Please make a note of your Part Rep’s telephone number (see below) and contact him/her in the event of unplanned absences (illness, family commitments).
- Please sign the register each week – it will normally be sent round during the rehearsal.
- All members are expected to attend the final rehearsal on the afternoon of the concert, both for seating purposes, and for the only opportunity for a full rehearsal with the orchestra and soloists.
- If you have any difficulty with getting to rehearsals, please let us know. It may be that we can organise lifts.
- If you know of another member who is unwell or has other problems, please inform your Part Rep. We do like to send cards if appropriate.
- Music for each term can be hired from CCS, currently at £2 per copy per term.
- Music must only be marked in soft pencil and returned in good condition after the concert, with pencil marks erased.
- If you do not return your music you will be asked to pay the full cost of replacement.
If you hire music but are then unable to perform in the concert, please return your copies at the last rehearsal you attend, or contact the Librarian to arrange return.
Librarian: Janet Wood – 01344 771110
All members are expected to adhere to the Choir uniform for each concert. It is important that we present a co-ordinated appearance. Therefore please make sure that you have the required items of uniform. Some concert venues can be cold, and may require black jackets/ cardigans. Uniform for the Summer concert may vary slightly, depending on the programme.
Ladies: Ankle length black skirts or dressy trousers. Smart black shoes and black tights.
Autumn concert – Red shirt style blouse with ¾ or long sleeve
Spring Concert – White shirt style blouse with ¾ or long sleeve
Black jackets or smart cardigans (see above)
Men: Black dinner suits. White shirts. Smart black shoes, black socks.
Autumn Concert – Red bow ties
Spring Concert – Black bow ties